Friday, June 03, 2016

WHY DO WE ALWAYS WANT TO GO BACK TO EGYPT? - DR LINDA IHEME


 Dr Linda Iheme shared this article on her official facebook page :
WHY DO WE ALWAYS WANT TO GO BACK TO EGYPT?

Last two years, people were complaining about President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GEJ) including me. Then, one of my professors told me something that I will tell you shortly.

At that time, people complained about GEJ and compared him to past Presidents. He was almost made to step down. We wanted President Obasanjo back on seat or at best, President Yar'Adua of blessed memory should resurrect and come to our rescue. As I was saying, the professor asked me If I had ever wondered why Nigerians always prefer our past instead of moving forward? Our past had not been fantastically awesome anyways. I pondered on that question for a long time.  
                                                                                                                                                                                                       


Few days ago, the #GEJWhileYouWereAwaystarted trending. Most people want GEJ back to Aso Rock even though we didn't like the way things were when he was on seat. We hate President Buhari currently ( Am sure because he is the one leading now). I almost want to bet that when he is gone, we would say, "#BuhariNowThatYouAreGone".

I know that the economy is messed up right now for most people including me, but I think we should determine to move forward ever and backward never.Take a deep breathe and relax on your toes.#BetterDaysAhead

This post is not about either GEJ or Buhari, rather it is a call for us to contemplate on why we always want to go back to Egypt like the Israelites, whenever the going gets tough. Why do we really prefer our past instead of working out #BetterDaysAhead ? Relax okay. Everything is gonna be alright.

Dr #LindaIheme




No comments: