Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Nigerian mini-craft fabricators,demonstrated their talent to minister

 Last week at the Eagle Square,Abuja,the Minister of Science and Technology,Ogbonnya Onu,some members othe ministry and others witnessed the demonstration of one of Nigerian’s talents,when two Nigerians Aghogho Ajiyen from Delta State and Ayola Olaolu of Oyo State displayed the mini-aircraft they produced.The mini-aircraft could fly for about 3000 to 4000 miles.
Ajiyen, who hails from Oghara in Delta state told the minister that his motivation for aircraft fabrication was associated with the sight of how the flight takes off and lands at the old Warri airport,as a teenager it impressed him so much.He also said he did not have any formal education and has never entered a flight.He only got the basic principles of flight fabrication by  personal research.

Here is what he said:
“when I was very small, around 1992, I tried to build my first aircraft, living somewhere around old airport in Warri, where I used to see aircrafts flying up and landing. Before then, I had been building cars. But seeing planes triggered a passion in me to create something that can resist the downward pull of gravity. “In that 1992, I tried but it did not move not to talk of flying. I tried again in 1994, but no way. At a time, I concluded that these white men were into some voodoo and I eventually backed off. “Not being too comfortable, I decided to go back. In 1997, I tried again and at a point I mustered courage, insisting that even if it means dying there, at least to prove that a black man can do it. I went into a research, reading books until I discovered some of the basic principles of flight, pressure, Newtons Law of Motion among others. I also went further to study how the powers in the principles can be converted into a real live machine. “It was after these much struggle that around 1999, I built another plane, in a very shaky way, it was a able to leave the ground to just a couple of feat. To me then, it was a major milestone but to people around, it was a waste of time. But from 1999 to date, I have been able to refine and transform that primitive plane to sophisticated master piece I have shown today.”
 In his speech, the Minister said he was happy that the strength of Nigeria can not only be described as lying in the mineral resources but also in the citizens. He assured that the ministry would assist all Nigerian inventors to realize their dreams by making their ideas become products and services to the global market place that will be of tremendous benefit to the nation.  

No comments: