Friday, January 22, 2016

Lleyton Hewitt ends his professional single career.




The Australia professional tennis player, Lleyton Hewitt ,played his last game of professional singles tennis last night. With a wink and a smile to his victorious opponent David Ferrer, he has ended an era.
Hewitt, who won two Grand Slam titles, was beaten 6-2 6-4 6-4 by his opponent, David Ferrer.
This is what he has to say:
"I left nothing in the locker room. My whole career I've given 100%.I love coming out here and competing. I've been so fortunate to have that opportunity 20 years in a row.Playing for Australia has always been my biggest honour.I feel honoured to have had this support and this love from this crowd. It means so much for me.I've had so much success in big matches on this court and I feel fortunate to finish here. It's the perfect place to finish."
Hewitt, who won 30 singles tour titles, was victorious at the US Open in 2001 and Wimbledon in 2002 and also helped his home country win the Davis Cup twice - in 1999 and 2003.


Despite ending his singles career, Hewitt has at least one more match to play before becoming captain of Australia's Davis Cup team.

No comments: