Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Nigerian graduating medical student writes - “DON’T ENVY ME NOW, BUT REJOICE WITH ME"

 The writer of this piece ,Chieme Ogumka,is a motivational speaker and a graduating Nigerian medical student at the Southwestern University,Cebu,Philippines.
He briefly recounts his experiences.

DONT ENVY ME NOW, BUT REJOICE WITH ME.
 You didn't envy me the day my resident Doctor called me an "INCOHERENT INTERN".
Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me.


You didn't envy me the day the resident doctor scolded me in front of the patient.
Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me.
You didn't envy me the day the resident doctor accused me of trying to puncture the colon inside the OR and kept singing it like a song till the end of the surgery, even after.
Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me.
You didn't envy me for the many nights I stayed awake studying, for the times I skipped meals.
Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me.
You didn't envy me for staying this long without my family.
Don't envy me, but rejoice with me.
You didn’t envy me when my father died and I was unable to go home for his burial. Don’t envy me now, but rejoice with me.
You didn't envy me the day I was not allowed to take my exam because I have not completed my tuition fee and had to sign a promissory note before taking my exam.                                                                   Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me.
You didn't envy me the many times I was unable to pay my RENT nor FEED.
Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me.
You didn't envy me when I failed that difficult subject and had to be given a resit to pass it.
Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me.
You were not there to wipe my mother's tears when she was crying the day I was leaving home.
Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me.
You didn't envy me the day I was attacked at gunpoint and striped of my belongings on my way to the campus to study.
Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me.

                                           You didn't envy me the many nights I had sleepless night in the hospital. 
Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me.
You didn't envy me the day I dislocated my right ankle during a football competition and had to walk with crutches for more than a month. A time I felt I couldn't continue with my studies. 
Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me.
You didn't envy me when I was staying in a WOODEN house, because I didn't have enough money to rent a BRICK house.
Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me.
Don't envy me now, but rejoice with me, knowing that your own time will come if you trust God, work hard and persevere like I did”.

Source:Med.com.

No comments: